Book your stay
Access Statement for Beaumont House
Beaumont House is situated at the Cheltenham end of the A46 Shurdington Road, which is the extension of the A46 Bath Road aproximately1.1miles south of Cheltenham town centre. It is a 5-star boutique guest house managed and run by professional hoteliers, whose focus is on quality and friendly efficient service. We aim to meet the needs of all our guests, but due to the age of the building and period features, access may be difficult for people with limited mobility. The outside of the building [car park area] is covered with tarmac and the only entrance requires climbing steps into the building, some of the doorways are narrow and therefore not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We are located at the Cheltenham end of the A46 Shurdington Road, which is the extension of the A46 Bath Road south of Cheltenham town centre.
- A 5-minute walk will bring you to local shops and restaurants along the Bath Road.
- The nearest railway station is Cheltenham Spa which is approximately 1.3miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- We use several taxi operators and we are able to make bookings in advance for you.
- We are unable to accommodate any pets.
- Printed details and menus can be provided in large print if required but we are unable to prepare documents in Braille as we do not have the facilities.
- Our website www.bhhotel.co.uk provides pictures of our accomodation and further information about the services that we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or fax. Please see the contact information on our website or on the last page of this statement.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Check-in is from 2.00pm until 10.00pm. In certain circumstances we can offer check-in outside these times, but only by prior arrangement. We guarantee that there will be someone available to welcome you if you arrive outside these times.
- Parking is on a tarmac drive in front of the main entrance. We offer free parking and can accommodate up to 17 cars including 1 disabled.
- We can offer assistance with luggage, however are unable to help with any luggage over 20kgs.
- One or two of our rooms are fairly compact, and guests with a large amount of luggage should contact us beforehand to ensure the room allocated is suitable for them.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- There are 6 steps, 5 of which are 17cm up and 234cm wide with handrails on both sides, the other step being 17cm up and114cm wide. These all lead into our outside entrance where all relevant information about Cheltenham can be found, maps, brochures and guides.
- The 7th step of 17cm up and 118cm wide leads you into the reception area. The front door is always kept closed; please just use the intercom on arrival.
- Our entrance and reception hall floor is mosaic tile.
- We do not offer a 24 hour reception. Reception is normally available during breakfast times until 10.00pm.
- There is a bell on the reception desk, please use this to let us know you need assistance.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors, etc.
- We have 4 available floors: lower ground floor, ground floor, first floor and top floor.
- On the ground floor, our entrance and reception hall leads directly to the main stair cases, cloakroom, lounge and conservatory. There are no bedrooms on the ground floor.
- The lower ground floor, first and top floors are where our bedrooms are situated.
- The ground floor offers the reception, lounge, dining room and the conservatory.
- Down to the lower ground floor there are 14 stairs (100cm wide and 17cm deep) with handrails on the right-hand side (looking downwards). At the bottom of the 13th step there is a fire door then the final step. This gives access to 5 of our rooms.
- Up to the first floor there are 21 stairs of 100cm wide and 17cm deep with a handrail on the left-hand side (looking up). There is a small landing after the 15th step and then the further 6 steps up. At the top of those stairs there is a wooden floor landing, giving access to 5 of our rooms.
- To the top floor there are 19 stairs of 100cm wide and 17cm deep with a handrail on the left-hand side. After the 10th step up there is another small landing, then the further 9 steps up to the top floors' wooden floor landing. This gives access to a further 6 rooms.
- On the top floor there is a corridor giving access to 2 of the rooms with a width of 88cm and a height of 200cm.
- All our staircases and bedrooms are carpeted.
- All stair cases and corridors are always lit up by some form of light allowing people to notice all the stairs.
- All access to bedrooms is through standard-width doors of 79cm.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Access to the lounge is through a standard door with a width of 79cm.
- The lounge is carpeted.
- The lounge features 4 single armchairs, 2 double sofas, 2 upright chairs, a desk, a fire place, tables, a book shelf with books and games, and a trust bar. The trust bar is available everyday from breakfast until 10.30pm.
- We have a 24 hour liquor license for residents and the guests of residents.
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at anytime of the day until it closes at 10.30pm.
- We also have a conservatory available for guests to use at anytime of the day until 10.30pm.
- Access is via a standard door with a width of 75cm.
- The conservatory features a table with 3 dining room chairs, 2 armchairs and 1 double sofa, a book shelf with cupboards and a bean-to-cup coffee machine. Cappuccinos, coffee and tea are complimentary.
- There is wireless broadband throughout the hotel.
- We do have a public toilet. It is located on the ground floor 3 steps from the reception; it is clearly marked on the door (Cloakroom).
- It is a standard door of a width of 79cm which opens inwards.
- It is a single unisex toilet with a basin, it has a wooden floor.
- It does not have any support rails and there is a narrow space of 52cm between the basin and toilet.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- Access to the dining room is directly from the lounge via double-doors, one is normally locked and the other is 83cm wide. If required both doors can be opened to extend the entrance to 168cm.
- The floor is carpeted with a wooden border around it and the room is well lit by bright lights.
- Our dining room can seat a maximum of 20 people, with 2 tables of 4 and 6 tables of 2. The tables are moveable, allowing enough space for all guests.
- All our chairs are without arms and our tables are regular with 4 legs.
- Our menu is standard and has no prices because it is fully inclusive.
- We have waitress service and a buffet for a continental breakfast.
- The toilet is available not far from the dining room approximately 7 steps.
Laundry and Dry Cleaning
We can offer guests a same day dry-cleaning and laundry service Monday to Friday inclusive [excluding holidays]. This service is provided by a good quality local company. As an alternative, we can wash individual loads in-house at a standard load charge and return for guests to self iron.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- We have five bedrooms on the lower ground floor (rooms 16, 17, 18, 19 & 21), five rooms on the first floor (rooms Africa, Asia, 5, 6 & 7) and six rooms on the top floor (rooms 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15). All bedrooms on the lower ground floor offer an ensuite shower room comprising of a shower cubicle, toilet and washbasin. Three rooms on the first floor (rooms Africa, Asia & 5) offer an ensuite bathroom comprising of whirlpool and shower, toilet and washbasin. The remaining rooms all offer an ensuite bath and shower attachments.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are supplied in each room, with hot chocolate available on request.
- We provide a hair dryer, hotel guide, magazines and complimentary toiletries in each room (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shower cap and soap).
- Sanitary disposal bags are available in each ensuite bathroom.
- Our beds are normally made with Egyptian cotton sheets and pillow cases and 100% cotton duvet covers. Additional pillows and extra blankets are available on request.
- If required we can provide sheets/blankets instead of a duvet. Please specify this at least 48 hours prior to your arrival.
- There is a wardrobe, dressing table and bedside drawer space in each room as well as a small safe. Some wardrobes are quite compact with only limited hanging space.
- We offer a variety of rooms each varying in size.
- All bedrooms feature at least one bedroom chair, and some bedrooms with sofas.
- All rooms on except for 21 have minibars.
- Each room features a Television with Freeview, Sky Sports 1, 2 & 3 and CNN. Only 4 rooms have DVD players (rooms Africa, Asia, 5 & 7), but we have a wide range of DVDs available to all Guests.
- Our standard ensuite shower rooms are compact and measure 80cm wide by 189cm in height. Access is via a 47cm wide door, with a 74cm base and a step up of 24cm.
- Three showers are thermostatically controlled electrical showers (rooms 7, 17 & 21), the rest with normal pressure all giving hot water on demand.
Africa is a luxury themed room on the first floor. It features a super king size bed (6ft3 wide) with access from both sides. A 42 inch television, a DVD player and an ensuite bathroom with a whirlpool that is 156cm in length and 70cm wide and a shower.
Asia is a luxury themed room on the first floor. It features a small king size bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 32 inch Panasonic television, a DVD player and an ensuite bathroom with a whirlpool and a shower that is the same as The African room.
Is a luxury room on the first floor. It features a king size bed (6ft wide) with access on both sides. A 32 inch Philips television and DVD player in the bedroom and a 17 inch Teletile television in the bathroom. The ensuite bathroom has a whirlpool that is 157cm in length and 62cm wide and a shower.
Is a single room on the first floor, it may be joined with room 5 as the Prestbury Suite. It features a single bed, a 26 inch Philips television, a small kitchen and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 140cm in length and 87cm wide.
Is a luxury double on the first floor, it can be made into a triple sleeper, with the double bed able to become a twin. It features king size bed (6ft wide) and a single bed in the cupboard. A 42 inch Panasonic television and a DVD player and ensuite bathroom with a bath and shower, the bath is 150cm in length and 60cm wide, the shower has a base of 73cm, a height of 181cm and access via a 72cm door.
Is a double on the top floor. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 145cm in length and 63cm wide. The roof is sloped on the right-hand side of the room (looking at the bed).
Is a double on the top floor. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 154cm in length and 74cm wide. The roof is sloped on the left-hand side of the room (looking at the bed) and sloped on the right-hand side in the bathroom.
Is a double on the top floor that can be made into a small twin. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 145cm in length and 63cm wide. The roof is sloped down to the right-hand corner, on the right-hand side (looking at the bed) and on the left-hand side in the bathroom.
Is a double on the top floor that can be made into a small twin. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 154cm in length and 74cm wide. The roof is sloped at the front of the room.
Can become a family room with room 12, there is an inter-leading door between the two rooms. Room 14 is a double on the top floor that can be made into a twin with a sofa bed. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 30 inch Sagem television and an ensuite with bath and shower that is 154cm in length and 74cm wide. The roof is sloped down to the right-hand side as you walk in, behind the bed and on the left-hand side in the bathroom.
Is a double on the top floor that can be made into a twin with a sofa bed. It features a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 32 inch Panasonic television and an ensuite with bath/shower that is 154cm in length and 74cm wide. The roof is sloped on the left-hand side (looking at the bed) and it slopes down to the right-hand corner in the bathroom.
Bedrooms 16, 18 & 19
All are doubles on the lower ground floor. All the bedrooms feature a double bed (5ft wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and ensuite with showers.
Is a double on the lower ground floor. It features a double bed (4ft6 wide) with access on both sides. A 26 inch Samsung television and an ensuite with shower. Floor space is limited, but all furniture and fittings are custom-made to ensure ease of access.
Is a single room on the lower ground floor. It features a single bed with access on only one side. A 23 inch Panasonic television and an ensuite with shower.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a garden, with lawn and flower beds, available for guest use. The garden features a seating area with wooden chairs and a table.
- Access to the garden is either from the conservatory or parking area.
- To access the garden from the conservatory there is a door of 70cm wide with a slight step up of 14cm, there are then 8 wooden stairs down of 76cm wide and 20cm down. There is a handrail on the right-hand side (looking down).
- There are fire extinguishers on every floor of the hotel. There is a fire extinguisher behind the reception desk, on the first floor on the landing, on the top floor on the left-hand side of the landing and on the lower ground floor right next to the fire door.
- In the event of a fire the fire alarm system will sound. All fire exits are clearly marked. Please leave the building via the nearest available safe exit, which is either the lower ground floor fire exit, the main entrance or the conservatory door.
- If a guest has a hearing impairment they should notify us of this before or during arrival. This will be noted down and all staff will be made aware of this.
- We have a no smoking policy here at Beaumont House. And very occasionally, guests ignore our no smoking policy. So when guests do smoke, we will now charge an additional one-night room rate to cover the additional costs encountered.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes and dislikes, please advise us of these at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication, but guests staying on the first floor and top floor may do so in their minibar fridge provided in the room.
- Mobile phone reception in Beaumont House is generally good. However, on the lower ground floor the mobile reception is poor.
- As well as wireless [which covers most of Beaumont House], free broadband connection points are available in all rooms. Guests should ensure that their computers are sufficiently protected with Firewall software before connecting to the Internet. Beaumont House will accept no responsibility for loss / consequential loss for the use of this free facility by guests.
At the moment nothing relevant.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01242223311 or email email@example.com
Address: 56 Shurdington Road
Telephone: 01242 223311
Fax: 01242 520044
Hours of operation: We are usually open 365 days a year.
Please check each year whether we will be open on the 24th, 25th, and 26th December.
56 Shurdington Road
Gloucestershire, GL53 0JE
T 01242 223311
F 01242 520044